Geoff Wong has spent over 10 years designing in web environments from online gaming platforms to SaaS applications. Staying ahead of technology advancements, Geoff has designed iOS and Android apps for both phones and tablets. He has lead the design initiative for Sage Mobile Service Cloud App and spearheaded an iterative design process for Sage My Workforce Analyzer, an intuitive ACA dashboard for HR users alike.
As an avid fan of the Agile process, Geoff works closely with cross functional teams to achieve user-friendly experiences in realistic time-frames.
Geoff’s innovative approach has helped him win multiple awards including the K2 Enterprise Award for Best New Mobile App and 1st place in a Google Glass Hackathon.
Geoff with a “G”!
TriNet – Interaction Designer
Flavour Studios – Art Director
Software industries I’ve worked in:
Mobile, ERP, HR, Online-travel, Hotel-booking, Online Gaming
Whom I’ve worked with:
CEOs, VPOs, R&D Directors, UX Directors, Developers, Marketing Managers, Printers, Writers, Photographers, Small Business owners
• Received Stevie Award for 2016 Business App
• Defined mobile IA and UI gaining a high System Usability Scale (SUS): 83/100 and NPS: 25
• Rapidly delivered mobile UIs with newly formed scrum team resulting in 4.5/5 app store rating
• Professionally facilitated in-person and remote usability studies, gaining insight to build a user
validated onboarding experience
• Lead a team of Business Analysts and Writer by establishing an iterative design process resulting
in an intuitive and highly useful ACA dashboard for HR users
• Successfully executed app demo at Sage Summit Keynote to over 3500 partners
• Strategically built flowcharts, wireframes, prototypes and high fidelity mockups to effectively
communicate designs to VP of Product Management, Innovation Team and customers
• Demonstrated leadership skills by managing North America design group to define Mobile
Interaction & Visual Patterns ensuring continental-wide consistency for mobile apps
• Designed and executed a multi-stage process to porting 700 UIs to web format
•Spearheaded the creation of Visual Guidelines for Sage 300 ERP to bring consistency and aesthetic integrity to the new web product
•Daily muliti-tasking by collaborating with 6 Agile teams simultaneously
Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, Visio, HotGloo, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Flash
Microsoft Office: Viso, Word, Excel, Outlook
Usability Testing Analysis Tool: Morae
Agile Project Management Tool: Jira, VersionOne
Project Collaboration Tools: Confluence, Basecamp, MediaWiki, Microsoft Sharepoint
Source Control Tools: Subversion Tortoise SVN, SourceGear Vault
Acrylics, chalk, conté, Styrofoam!, wood, plexi-glass, lighting, metal, textiles and food!
Over 10 years of design experience working with technology and startup companies
Nielsen Norman Group – UX Certified (License 1010285)
Stanford University d.school – Design Thinking workshop
Langara College – Display + Design Diploma
Vancouver Community College – Digital Graphic Design Certificate
Kwantlen Polytechnic University – Interdisciplinary Design Certificate
Pearl White, Flat Metallics
Black+Blue Mac and Cheese sticks with truffle infused cheese sauce for dipping
Original Screamers from Danny’s Market
Rome, Florence, Naples, Venice, Manila, Kelowna, Edmonton, Calgary, Montréal, Toronto, Erie, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle, Waikiki, Montego Bay, Negril, San José CR, Quepos, Ho Chi Minh, Hué, Hoi An, Hong Kong, Tokyo
Golden Ears Park, Manning Park, Mount Baker, Rohr Lake, Russet Lake, Black Tusk, The Chief, The Grind, Minnekhada Park
Geoff Wong on LinkedIn
Call 604.808.8525 or Email me and I’ll send it right over!